Effective Date: 24.11.2015
Last updated: 07.03.2016
Knight Frank LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England with registered number OC305934. Our registered office is 55 Baker Street, London, W1U 8AN where you may look at a list of our members' names.
Click on one of the links below to jump to the listed section:
Information we obtain
Information You Provide To Us
Information We Obtain By Automated Means
We may use third-party web analytics services on our Sites, such as those of Google Analytics. These service providers help us analyse how visitors use the Sites. The information obtained for this purpose (including your IP address and other information collected by automated means) will be disclosed to or collected directly by these service providers. To learn more about Google Analytics, and how to opt out, please click here.
The providers of third-party plug-ins and widgets on our Sites, such as embedded videos and social media sharing tools, may use automated means to collect information regarding your use of the Sites and your interactions with the plug-ins and widgets. We may also receive information you have made available to those third party services, including the geographic location of your mobile device and other information about you (such as name, email address, gender, locale, time zone, languages, social media profile URL, personal website URL, biographical information, birthday, photo, list of devices, education history, work history, hometown, interests, current city, political views, favourite athlete and teams, relationship status and information, religion, name of significant other, and certain security settings information) and your contacts on those services.This information is subject to the privacy policies or notices of the third party providers of the plug-ins and widgets.
How we use the information we obtain
We may use the information described above to:
- provide products and services to you;
- perform transactions that you request;
- incorporate your contact details into the Knight Frank database;
- send you promotional materials, newsletters and other communications relating to our products and services;
- create and manage your account;
- communicate with you about, and administer your participation in, special events, promotions, offers, surveys, focus groups and market research (where applicable, if you have not opted out of receiving such communications);
- respond to your inquiries;
- provide aggregate statistical information and perform data analyses (including market and consumer research, economic impact analyses, demographic analyses and anonymisation and aggregation of personal information);
- operate, evaluate and improve our business (including developing new products and services; enhancing, improving and analysing our products and services; managing our communications; and performing accounting, auditing and other internal functions);
- protect against, identify and prevent fraud, copyright infringement, unauthorised use and distribution of protected content and other criminal activity; and
- comply with and enforce applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards and our policies, including our Terms and Conditions.
In addition, we use information collected through cookies, web beacons, web server logs and other automated means for purposes such as: (i) customising our users’ visits to our Sites; (ii) delivering content tailored to our users’ interests and the manner in which our users browse our Sites, and (iii) managing our Sites and other aspects of our business.
We also may use the information in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
We do not obtain or record personal information about our visitors’ online activities over time and across third-party websites. Our Sites are not designed to respond to “do not track” signals from browsers.
Information we share
We also may disclose information about you: (i) if we are required to do so by law or legal process; (ii) for the purposes of, or in connection with, any legal proceedings, or otherwise for the purposes of establishing, exercising or defending any legal rights; (iii) to law enforcement authorities or other government entities based on a lawful disclosure request; or (iv) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent harm or financial loss, or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual fraudulent or illegal activity.We reserve the right to transfer personal information we have about you in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (including in the event of a reorganisation, spin-off, dissolution or liquidation).
Information collected through third-party plug-ins and widgets on the Sites (such as information relating to your use of a social media sharing tool) is collected directly by the providers of the plug-ins and widgets. This information is subject to the privacy policies of the providers of the plug-ins and widgets, and Knight Frank is not responsible for those providers’ information practices.
Your rights and choices
How we protect personal information
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect personal information against accidental, unlawful or unauthorised destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use.
Our Sites are not directed to children under the age of thirteen and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of thirteen on our Sites.
Links to other websites and apps
Our Sites may provide links to other websites and apps for your convenience and information. These websites and apps may operate independently from us. Linked sites and apps may have their own privacy notices or policies, which we strongly suggest you review. To the extent any linked websites or apps are not owned or controlled by us, we are not responsible for their content, any use of the websites or apps, or the privacy practices of the websites or apps.
How to contact us